When you talk of men's health, it's obvious that you will be talking about medical disorders that primarily affect men. These issues usually involve the reproductive system or conditions which are particular to men. Men are far more susceptible to various vices like smoking & drinking and this is why it is much more important for them to take care of their health. Prostate disease and low testosterone are two common issues which affect men. Other issues include heart disease, hypertension, penile disorders, etc. Below is a little more detail about the various mens health problems faced by men:
1. As men get older, their prostate enlarges. If it becomes too large, it can cause health problems. Prostate disease is very common in men above the age of 50. And the older men get, the more the chances of them suffering from various prostate diseases like prostatitis, benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostate cancer.
2. Heart disease is another common problem in men. Coronary heart disease is the most common cause of a heart attack. It is basically the blocking or the narrowing of coronary arteries which help provide the heart with the blood it needs. The best way in which men can prevent this disease is by quitting bad habits like smoking and increasing the amount they exercise. It is also recommended that they control their blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
3. Colon problems are quite common among men as well. In fact, colorectal cancer is among the most common cancers in both men as well as women. And as a person gets older, the chances of developing this disease increase drastically. In fact, on crossing the age of 50, it is recommended that men go to a colorectal cancer screening just to be sure. The main reason for this is because this type of cancer is usually curable as long as it is diagnosed in time.
4. Testicular cancer is another problem prevalent in young men. The treatment for this form of cancer will most probably cause infertility though. This is the main reason why sperm banking is usually suggested in such cases. And while breast cancer is a rare occurrence in men, it's not unheard of. Treatment for this includes radiation therapy, hormone therapy, mastectomy and chemotherapy.
5. Penile disorders can cause a lot of problems for men as far as fertility and sexual health is concerned. Erectile dysfunction is a common penile disorder that many men suffer from at some point in their life. This could sometimes be a sign of much larger problems like nerve damage or clogged blood vessels as well.
When it comes to your health, it is important for you to not be stubborn or shy. These problems can happen to almost any man and if they are not treated in time they could be life threatening as well. So if you have any questions regarding your health, rush to your physician right away. After all, it's always better to be safe instead of being sorry, isn’t it?